Blown BMW Digger, Grrrrrrrrrrrooovy!
started August 2014
9 April 2018:
I guess the makeover is completed!
Added throttlecable, clutchcable, clutch-
handle, taillight and licenseplate
20 Mrch 2018:
Added paint graphics & seat upholstery details
started with throttle and clutch cables, almost done!
1 March 2018:
I changed the handlebars again, and modified
both of the wheels. Also added a fifferent exhaust
and changed the color again. Next week I will add
some graphics to the paintjob.
18 February 2018:
I was ever really happy with the way this one turned out,
so it is getting some upgrades (I hope) .
I have modified the frame, scaled the tank 10% bigger,
added magwheels and dual mini disc front brakes,
cut up and modified the handlebars on the Harman
forks and temporarily changed the color.
17 October 2014
Completed brake pedal and linkage,
added fuelvalve and fuelline and
changed paint and pipes again...
22 September 2014:
New pipes and new paint
15 September 2014
I added the seat and a centerstand, worked on
the footcontrols and the pipes. Not happy with the
pipes yet, think I will try something else next week...
3 September 2014
I replaced the velocity stacks with K&N filters,
modified the blower belt tensioner, added a rear
fender, an electrics compartment (under the seat),
an Aris-style headlight, handlebar grips and some
more detail to the rear drumbrake.
25 August 2014
I did a lot of work on the blown BMW
engine and added details to the frame
and rear wheel
9 August 2014
I changed the rear wheel from 21" to 19"
and moved it forward 80 mm, cut off
the top of the engine and removed the
starter motor to make room for an
Eaton supercharger and did some
more work on the frame
12 August 2014
I narrowed the Harman forks 1" and I started working
on the frame; looking at this I think the rear wheel
should change from 21" to 19" and move forward a bit
9 August 2014
I started by roughly positioning a BMW R90 drive-
train, a set of Harman forks, 21" Invader front wheel
and a prismatic fuel tank. In CAD the parts can just
magically hang in the air so I can visualise how I
want to make the frame