Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 8-January-2014

 

In the last installment I had cut some big holes in the bottoms of my saddlebags to lower them over the support frame, next job was to close these holes. I made some mold pieces from wood and PVC pipe, put a very thin coat of vaseline on them so the polyester would not stick to them, and with some help from my girlfriend Adele started with the polyester.

 
 

We used a couple of layers of heavy glassmat, no gelcoat and it actually turned out pretty good. I decided to mount the bags on the bike and ride like this for a few weeks before painting the saddlebags and saddlebag frames, just in case anything needs to be changed. Sofar it seems to work great, no more squeeks or rattles and the bike looks even lower now, I am happy!

 
 



Previous