This week I decided to do the motormounts, on
a stock 1951 BMW frame the motormounts go straight through the
lower frametubes and the engine sticks out about 3 inches below
the frame; I decided to raise the engine 2 inches so the frame
could sit closer to the ground. I machined the square parts
while Aad made the round bits on the lathe, and I assembled
all the parts on the bike. I had centered the engine between
the frametubes using strips of metal that fit tightly in the
gaps between frame and engine. After measuring I notched the
round parts and tackwelded the motormounts in place. While I
was at it I also tacked the seat pivot in place, later I will
remove all the parts from the frame and have a "real"
welder (yep, Aad..) finish the job.