Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 26-May-2003


A couple of CAD images I made to show the shape the tankbottom will have.
the rear rubbermounts slide in, the front rubbermounts are bolted in.

 
 

This week we started with the bottom of the tank. First we scratched the outline of the tank on a piece of 2 mm sheetmetal, then we roughly cut out the shape on a large sheetmetal cutting machine and finally we usd the big beltsander to make it fit exactly.

 
 

We welded the caps on the rear rubbermount pockets and welded both the inside and the outside again. Because of the welds on the inside we chamfered the rubbers so that they would slide in easier. We made the cutouts for the rubbermounts in the bottom plates and tack-welded all the bits in place. When my new tanklogo's arrive we will complete all the welding.

 
 

Previous