Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 18-August-2003


 
 

This week Aad completed the welding and we inspected the tank for leaks. We took an old gascap and removed the inside part. We closed the breather holes and welded on a strip of steel so we could open and close the cap. We put compressed air on the fuelvalve hole and covered the tank in soapy water.

 
 

We had to make a rubber gasket for the gascap because the cork gasket kept leaking, in the end we found 3 small leaks. Aad welded the leaks and we tested the tank again. Perfect! We sandblasted the tank and the gascap and I stayed up untill 2 o'clock in the morning painting the tank in matt-black primer.


Previous