Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 10-May-2018


 
 
We decided to make our own valve inspection covers in the same style as the fork leg caps. We made a test part to make sure we had the correct thread and then used the heads of some stainless M16 bolts which we welded into larger diameter bar.
 
 

 
 
After shaping in the lathe the 4 new covers were mirroe polished by Aad. Next job, the valvecovers themselves. Originally I had wanted to remove all the fins on the valvecovers for a cleaner look but Aad disagreed and it is his bike afterall, so we just removed the top fin on each side. The unused holes on top of the cover were welded shut, and then many hours of grinding, sanding and finally polishing followed.

 
 
 
 



Previous