Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 21-September-2018


 
 

Continuing with the pipes, we cut some stainless side panels for the "mufflers" and gave them a slight bit of curve on the english wheel and planishig hammer. Aad tacked them in place, one side flat and one side with a recessed area, and then TIG welded the whole thing using backing gas for better welds (especially on the insides)

 
 

Then followed as usual a LOT of grinding, sanding and polishing! The side with the recessed area came out pretty good but we decided to have this side on the inside anyway, the smooth side just gives a cleaner look...


 
 
To finish off the opening at the rear we bent some 4 mm stainless wire into shape and Aad welded it in place, followed by once again grinding, sanding and polishing. One pipe almost done, one more to go!

 
 



Previous